Thanks to all who contributed and stood with Women of the Wall this Chanukah!
Photo Gallery: [alpine-phototile-for-flickr src=”set” uid=”53117169@N04″ sid=”72157649449835560/” imgl=”flickr” style=”gallery” row=”4″ grwidth=”800″ grheight=”600″ size=”500″ num=”100″ shadow=”1″ border=”1″ highlight=”1″ curve=”1″ align=”center” max=”100″]
Don’t see your photo here? send it by email to [email protected] with your name and we will add it!
On Thursday December 18, 2014 Women of the Wall will gather for a women’s candle lighting at the Kotel.
Each year on Chanukah, a large, majestic Chanukah menorah is erected in the men’s section of the Western Wall. Each night, a candle lighting ceremony is held and different Israeli politicians and religious leaders – all men, are honored and women are left to stand on plastic chairs barely able see the festivities and the candles.
This year, Women of the Wall requested that a large chanukiah be placed in the women’s section as well. Our request was denied by the Rabbi Rabinowitz, Kotel administrator. Therefore, we will light many small lights (in more than one sense) in the women’s section, with our personal Chanukah menorahs.
In the spirit of miracles, be a light in the face of darkness! Stand with us in our struggle against the exclusion of women at the Kotel. You can JOIN US from your home and in your synagogue.
- On the third night of Chanukah, December 18, light one candle in honor of Women of the Wall
- Take a picture of yourself lighting your WOW candle, perhaps with your family
- Fill out the form below and upload your photo to send to Rabbi Rabinowitz, to show him you stand with Women of the Wall
- Donate $18 to Women of the Wall, to help us continue our work, to be a light at the Kotel, fighting for women’s rights and pluralism at the holiest place, the Kotel, a home for ALL Jews: http://my.israelgives.org/ennew/Women_of_the_Wall
- Share your photo with Women of the Wall on Facebook or Twitter! #lightonecandle
Invite your family and friends to join us as well!
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING. This campaign is now over but you can click here to see how you can TAKE ACTION and stand with Women of the Wall.