Support the WOW Legal Fund
If we are going to fight for these rights, we are going to need your help!
Women of the Wall has been on the front-lines, combating religious discrimination and fighting for women’s rights for over twenty-three years. We will continue our work until we achieve the social and legal recognition of our right, as women, to wear prayer shawls, pray out loud and read from the Torah together at the Western Wall.
Religious freedom exists when people can freely practice their religious observances without state opposition. In Israel today, this is not the case. Since 1988, Women of the Wall has been fighting for the right for religious equality for women to prayer at the Western Wall—the most significant religious site in the world for the Jewish people. Every Rosh Hodesh (beginning of the Jewish month), supporters of Women Of the Wall come to and pray at the Western Wall, just like thousands of others. These women want to pray together out loud, wear their prayer shawls and read from the Torah. However, according to Israeli law, these are illegal acts.
Women of the Wall’s Legal and Education Fund helps to underwrite some of the continuing efforts to educate and raise awareness in the Jewish community with Israeli government officials and in the courts of the urgent need for women’s rights at the Kotel, the Western Wall, in Jerusalem.
Donations will enable Women of the Wall to:
- Secure legal counsel to be present at all of our prayer services at the Western Wall
- Provide criminal lawyers for women taken into police custody while praying with us
- Release women from police custody and cover their court fees
Women of the Wall is depending on you! Please be as generous as you can!
- Support the Legal and Education Fund Now! To make a U.S. tax-deductible donation by credit card through Israel Gives, click here and write Legal and Education Fund on the message. Credit card donations may be made in any amount in U.S. dollars or Israeli Shekels.
- To make a U.S. tax-deductible donation by check, make your check payable to New Israel Fund. Include a note: For the Legal and Education Fund New Israel Fund will transfer 100% of your donation to Women Of the Wall. Minimum amount: $100.
Todah Rabah! Thank you!