What can you do: Responding to Anat’s Brutal Arrest, Rosh Chodesh Cheshvan
As the international Jewish community reels from the news of the brutal arrest of Anat Hoffman while praying the Shema at the Western Wall, the leaders of Women of the Wall arrest overwhelmed and truly comforted by the outcry of support. We have been asked for concrete things that our supporters can do today, this month, this year to support our work at WOW and bring about the change that will let us all see the first real Bat Mitzvah at the Kotel!
What you can do:
- JOIN WOMEN OF THE WALL AT THE KOTEL. Our strength is in numbers. We need ALL congregations and communities and minyanim who are outraged by the treatment of women while praying on the women’s side of the Kotel, to join us on Rosh Chodesh. Check here for a list of dates.
Outside of Israel:
- Lobby the leaders of your local consulate or embassy to make a statement regarding women’s religious freedom at the Western Wall.
- Organize solidarity prayer meetings, rallies and other events in your community! Be sure to email us and send us pictures to let us know about it!
- Write Op-eds and articles to your local Jewish news and community newsletters. Encourage your communities to support our work and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter.
- Visit us in Israel! Organize a solidarity mission, or a trip of your own. Nothing can compare to the experience of joining Women of the Wall at the Kotel!
And of course, donate to our cause. Help us keep this fight going until we have achieved our full right to pray outloud as women, with tallit and torah at the Western Wall!
Thank you all for your ongoing support!